Thursday, February 18, 2010

Color Gesture Drawing!




Today I got my hands dirty looking through the pile of 150 or so drawings I made at an inspiring two-day Barbara Fugate art workshop in January. Most drawings were 30 seconds, I don't recall if the longest was two minutes or five, maybe one was five minutes. There's no hesitation, just start making marks. Not random marks, intuitively consider space, thrust, discovering how the model exists in space. And what wonderful models we had the honor to draw. This time there was color work with, lots of it. Raw, direct, bold marks. Ink wash, pastel, and charcoal. What a blast!
See a slideshow of drawings and photos from the workshop.

2 comments:

PooBahSpiel said...

I particularly like the happy face on the blue one.

Leslie Newman said...

Yea, my tribute to Stickman!